Also known as the ‘Miracle Tree’, Moringa oleifera is a highly valued and versatile plant native to India and is widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical areas all over Asia Africa and South America. The Miracle Tree name comes from the astounding number of health benefits this tree possesses. Moringa leaves are loaded with vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and more. imagine just one hundred grams of dry moringa leaf contains:
- 9 times the protein of yogurt
- 10 times the vitamin A of carrots
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 17 times the calcium of milk
- 12 times the vitamin C of oranges
- 25 times the iron of spinach (if only Popeye Knew!)
It also contains a significant amount of vitamins such as vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B-6, folate and ascorbic acid, as well as minerals including magnesium, phosphorous and zinc!
- Antioxidants Galore – Moringa leaves are packed with antioxidants, like beta-carotene, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid, which has been shown to slow cells’ absorption of sugar and animal studies have found it to lower blood sugar levels, which takes us to the next property:
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels – Moringa has anti-diabetic effects, due to beneficial plant compounds contained in the leaves, including isothiocyanates. Research has revealed that adding 50 grams of moringa leaves to a meal reduced the rise in blood sugar by 21 percent among diabetic patients.
- Reduces Inflammation
- Helps Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Eye Health – The high concentration of natural antioxidants is beneficial for providing protection against retinal damage.
- Abortifacient/ Natural contraceptive – The herb is beneficial in the prevention of sexual implantation in the body, without the scary side-effects of ’the pill’. In some rural and tribal areas of the West Bengal province in India, the roots are taken by women as permanent contraception. It has been shown to inactivate or suppress the reproductive system. IMPORTANT: Please pregnant mothers DO NOT use this herb!
- Urolithiasis and Nephrotoxicity – (huge words), but basically means moringa is effective against the formation of stones in the kidney, bladder and uterus.
- Asthma and Anti-allergenic Behaviour – relief from bronchial asthma and inflammation caused in the airways. Relieves symptoms such as wheezing, cough, dyspnea and tightness of the chest.
- Herpes – effective against the infection caused by herpes simplex virus.
- Edema – Moringa extracts are beneficial in the treatment of edema.
- Stomach Disorders –effective in the treatment of abdominal disorders such as constipation, gastritis and ulcerative colitis.
- Immune Stimulator –The ethanolic extracts of moringa leaf helps in stimulating the immune system of the body.
- Wound Healing –have significant wound healing properties.
- Anemia and Sickle Cell Disease –Calcium helps our bodies absorb iron to make red blood cells, and have I mentioned how much iron AND calcium this thing has? (I repeat 17 times the calcium of milk and 25 times the amount iron of spinach!) so it definitely aids in facilitating the absorption of iron, increasing the red blood cell count and thus helping to maintain normal blood parameters.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases – can be used for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. eg. Alzheimer’s disease
- Healthy Skin –The rehydrating and detoxifying effects of moringa extracts help in neutralizing the effects of harmful pollutants, prevents wrinkles, and slows premature aging.
- Stimulates hair growth – The abundance of Zinc, and Vitamins A, and E, as well as the amino acids required for the production of keratin, makes Moringa an excellent hair tonic, as it supplies the minerals and B complex vitamins that are important for hair growth.
- Insomnia – The amino acid tryptophan found in Moringa is essential for the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin and the sleep cycle regulating hormone melatonin. Vitamin B6 is another necessary player in serotonin production, and Moringa is rich in that too!
- Anti-cancer – The anti-cancer arsenal of moringa is impressive! Besides antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, it contains kaempferol, quercetin, and rhamnetin which all have an anti-cancer effect.
So you can truly see why the name Miracle tree is completely fitting for this gift straight from mother nature! This herb I sell in powder form, which is easier to prepare and can simply be sprinkled anywhere, the taste is almost similar to spinach, so in a dry powder form you can hardly taste it if you sprinkle it over food. However, I personally consume it in tea form because the hot water helps the good stuff infuse out, so your body absorbs it much easier for faster results 🙂 .
Purchased it? Now find out how-to-use.