Horsetail, Equisetum arvense is an ancient plant dating way back to prehistoric times, and it’s documented medicinal uses go back to ancient Roman and Greek medicine. I personally use this herb constantly and love it to bits. Benefits include:
- Elimination of excess fluids – helps the body flush out excess liquid in the body so that you don’t look bloated and like a swollen sausage all the time. But still remember to drink lots of water
- Faster metabolism – speeds up your metabolism, really great for anyone trying to lose weight.
- Skin – is an astringent, reduces skin oiliness and prevents spots and breakouts from the inside out, so future breakouts are also kept at bay. The plant also boosts collagen for elasticity and combats sagging.
- Fights cellulite – try not to check yourself 20 minutes after drinking it like I did in the beginning! Lol, it will take a few weeks to show visual results but over time you will definitely see a smoother appearance and reduction in bumps.
- Improves your nails – It’s high content of silicon, which helps form collagen, deeply nourishes your nails.
- Hair – the silicon content benefits and strengthens your hair’s growth and improves it‘s texture. It also prevents grey hair, balding, and dandruff.
- Regenerating and healing – It is a powerful cell regenerator and helps improve the healing of skin wounds and marks. Speeds up the scarring process.
- Improves tendon flexibility – great for people who exercise frequently or suffer from tendon pain.(The reason I still have working limbs after all my yoga attempts!)
- Bone and tooth health – It‘s high and varied content of minerals increases bone density and prevents weakening.
- Heavy menstrual flow – Thanks to the astringent properties, horsetail can control or even cure hemorrhages in the case of blood injuries, nose bleeds, cutaneous ulcers, or heavy menstruation.
- Memory and cognition – horsetail tea can help improve both short-term and long-term memory and cognition.
- Genitourinary problems – (Lord help us with these long words!) it helps in cases of kidney stones, urinary tract infections, inflammation of the bladder or prostate, cystitis and urethritis.
- Regulates hormonal imbalance
- Relieves anxiety
IMPORTANT FOR LADIES : If you are on ‘the pill’, I recommend to not use this because it is known to counteract the contraceptive’s effects. It does not make you more fertile or whatever, it simply may stop the pill from working as effectively. Check out this plant with natural contraceptive properties
Purchased it? Now find out how-to-use.